We are taking a short break from our blog.
Don't forget to stay tuned to 'This Old Thing', Wednesdays, Channel 4, for all things vintage! International readers can tune in via the internet! We'll be back soon!
Photo: Where is this? Holywell Bay, Cornwall. A great UK surfing beach!
Where's your favourite beach?
Friday, 25 July 2014
Monday, 21 July 2014
A fascinating glimpse into the world of vintage designer fashion from The Independent ...
Please visit Vintage Modes for more vintage designer fashion!
Monday, 14 July 2014
Monday, 7 July 2014
- Vintage gold plated and rhinestone heart bracelet, c1980s
- Vintage carved Edelweiss earrings
- Antique Victorian brooch, with a compartment for hair on the reverse
- Vintage dress clip, in a leaf design, with a faux turquoise and blue glass stones
- Gold tone and coral glass charm bracelet, c1950s
- Vintage marcasite deer brooch
Monday, 30 June 2014
Monday, 23 June 2014
Thank you Decades of Elegance for your lovely blog post!
Monday, 16 June 2014
This gorgeous pair of white and pale pink faux pearl earrings are signed Japan, £12.50.
The faux pearls have a beautiful glow. These are quality hand wired earrings made in Japan circa 1950s.
After the second world war, large quantities of low cost jewellery were made in Japan, as labour was cheap. This jewellery was however very well made, and the pearls were used by high end designers such as Miriam Haskell.